This course introduces World Wide Web as a fundamental information and application platform for today's information systems. Students will examine core aspects of web technologies and web applications, and will develop usable websites and applications. Independent research on a web related topic is also required.
This course is part of the MSIT foundation courses that aim to provide a quick coverage of fundamental IT knowledge that is needed for later MSIT studies.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Explain different components and technologies of World Wide Web as a platform.
- Design and develop websites using fundamental web languages, technologies, and tools.
- Distinguish between server-side and client-side web technologies.
- Analyze user experience and usability issues related to web sites.
- Describe various web technology and application development issues and trends.
- Conduct independent research on a subject related to the course material.
- Follow a project based approach. The web development project is driven by three milestones.
- Deploy web sites/apps on a public cloud service provider (Azure).
- Allow students to explore their own interests and learn from the unique experience though a research paper.